Holy Week Services
Our Holy Week Services are still available on You Tube and Facebook. There is a booklet which goes along with these services which can be downloaded here: viewfield.org.uk/sites/default/files/2021-03/Holy-Week-Reflections-Booklet.pdf
During the current lockdown we are running online services only. Currently we hope to have some in-person services with restrictions from the beginning of May.
On-Line Worship Service and Prayer Time
There will be an on-line Sunday Service at 10:30am and an on-line Wednesday Evening Prayer Time at 7:30pm.
Both can be watched on Facebook: facebook.com/viewfieldbaptistchurch
The Sunday Service (10:30am) can also be watched on YouTube: youtube.com/c/ViewfieldBaptistChurch
Our service has an All-Age time at the begining. To receive weekly resources for children and teenagers please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Videos for children are available at: youtube.com/c/ViewfieldBaptistChurch/playlists
Note for the Viewfield Family
If you are a part of the Viewfield Family and you would like to receive email communications from the Church then please contact the Church Office: email@example.com
Points of Contact:
- General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastoral Needs: email@example.com
- Giving/Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children/Teenagers/Families: email@example.com
- Drop In: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we believe
At Viewfield Baptist Church, we try to live our lives - both as a community and as individuals - in faithfulness and love for Jesus. In order to put our aims into coherent words, we have adopted a set of scriptural based principals called "Our Core Values". These values are the basis on which we structure our Church life and how we understand our calling to be Christ’s representatives in Dunfermline.
- We are called to be a worshipping people - seeking and celebrating the God who journeys with us, and open to the Holy Spirit in the whole of life.
- We are called to be an inclusive people - pulling down the walls of prejudice and welcoming the stranger.
- We are called to be a sacrificial people - risking uncertainty, becoming vulnerable, and reflecting the generosity of God.
- We are called to be a prophetic people - working for justice, resisting violence and challenging the abuse of power.
- We are called to be a missionary people - demonstrating in word and action the redeeming love of God in the world.
- In addition, there are four Support Groups covering the areas of Admin, Finance, Prayer and Works.
Viewfield Baptist Church is located near the town centre of Dunfermline and is easily accessible by car or bus. There is a car park situated slightly down Viewfield Terrace that is free on Sunday mornings although you have to pay if you plan to stay after 1 pm. The church is also within a 10 minute walk of Dunfermline Town Train Station (although be prepared for the hill should you choose this method!) and Dunfermline Bus Station. Our main doors to access the building are situated on East Port, opposite the Royal Bank of Scotland.
Viewfield Baptist Church, East Port, Dunfermline, KY12 7HZ