Coronovirus Update - 20/08
Our "In-Person Service" is at 10:30am, advance registration is advised. Seats are available in the gallery (upstairs), and downstairs (priority for downstairs seating is given to those who have difficulty with the stairs). Some restrictions still apply such as face coverings [unless exempt]. Registration details are in the bulletin. The On-Line services will still continue. In-person Children's Church has now restarted (registration is needed). A number of other activities have restarted, see the bulletin for details.
On-Line Worship Service and Prayer Time
There will be an on-line Sunday Service at 10:30am and an on-line Wednesday Evening Prayer Time at 7:30pm (fortnightly)
Both can be watched on YouTube: youtube.com/c/ViewfieldBaptistChurch
Our service has an All-Age time at the begining. To receive weekly resources for children and teenagers please email: email@example.com
Videos for children are available at: youtube.com/c/ViewfieldBaptistChurch/playlists
Note for the Viewfield Family
If you are a part of the Viewfield Family and you would like to receive email communications from the Church then please contact the Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Points of Contact:
- General Enquiries: email@example.com
- Pastoral Needs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving/Finance: email@example.com
- Children/Teenagers/Families: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop In: email@example.com
What we believe
At Viewfield Baptist Church, we try to live our lives - both as a community and as individuals - in faithfulness and love for Jesus. In order to put our aims into coherent words, we have adopted a set of scriptural based principals called "Our Core Values". These values are the basis on which we structure our Church life and how we understand our calling to be Christ’s representatives in Dunfermline.
- We are called to be a worshipping people - seeking and celebrating the God who journeys with us, and open to the Holy Spirit in the whole of life.
- We are called to be an inclusive people - pulling down the walls of prejudice and welcoming the stranger.
- We are called to be a sacrificial people - risking uncertainty, becoming vulnerable, and reflecting the generosity of God.
- We are called to be a prophetic people - working for justice, resisting violence and challenging the abuse of power.
- We are called to be a missionary people - demonstrating in word and action the redeeming love of God in the world.
- In addition, there are four Support Groups covering the areas of Admin, Finance, Prayer and Works.
Viewfield Baptist Church is located near the town centre of Dunfermline and is easily accessible by car or bus. There is a car park situated slightly down Viewfield Terrace that is free on Sunday mornings although you have to pay if you plan to stay after 1 pm. The church is also within a 10 minute walk of Dunfermline Town Train Station (although be prepared for the hill should you choose this method!) and Dunfermline Bus Station. Our main doors to access the building are situated on East Port, opposite the Royal Bank of Scotland (however whilst Covid restrictions are in place, entry to the 10:30 service is via the door from the Church car park).
Viewfield Baptist Church, East Port, Dunfermline, KY12 7HZ